The CHAPARRAL crewmember supervises or operates the CHAPARRAL missile system as a member of a CHAPARRAL fire unit or platoon or as a member of an Air Defense activity engaged in operations or intelligence functions. Duties for MOS 16P at each skill level are:
a. Major duties.
(1) MOSC 16P1O. Operates and performs functional checks on the CHAPARRAL fire unit communications equipment. Operates and performs PMCS on the CHAPARRAL carrier. Performs deployment operations. Visually identifies threat and friendly aircraft. Plots fire unit position and early warning information on the manual SHORAD control system. Performs PMCS on the Identification, Friend or Foe (IFF) Programmer/Battery Charger. Programs the IFF Interrogator, AN/PPX-3 (STINGER). Performs gunner duties and search procedures using the CHAPARRAL Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR) subsystem. Prepare daily journals and update enemy and friendly situations. Operates radio and telephone equipment.
(2) MOSC 16P2O. Performs duties in preceding skill level, supervises lower grade soldiers and provides technical guidance to the soldiers in the accomplishment of their duties. PerformsPMCS on the CHAPARRAL Launching Station. Collect, prepare, and process operations and intelligence information. Decodes and authenticates alert messages. Inventories and destroys classified documents.
(3) MOSC 16P3O. Performs duties in preceding skill levels, supervises lower grade soldiers and provides technical guidance to the soldiers in the accomplishment of their duties. Selects CHAPARRAL firing positions. Commands the senior gunner during target engagement. Supervises the march order and emplacement of the CHAPARRAL Fire Unit. Performs reconnaissance, selection, and occupation of position.
(4) MOSC 16P4O. Performs duties in preceding skill levels, supervises lower grade soldiers and provides technical guidance to the soldiers in the accomplishment of their duties. Prepares,assembles, and distributes operations plan/operations order. Checks operations/DA PAM 611?21 ? 31 March 1999 263 signal security (OPSEC/SIGSEC). Assists in establishment/displacement of Tactical Operations Center.
b. Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS.
ADA CHAPARRAL missile crewmember must possess the following qualifications:
(1) A physical demands rating of moderately heavy.
(2) A physical profile of 222221.
(3) Color discrimination of red/green.
(4) A minimum score of 100 in aptitude area OF.
(5) A security clearance of CONFIDENTIAL. CHAPARRALcrewmembers at SL 4 must possess a security clearance of SECRET.
(6) Formal training (completion of MOS 16P course conducted under the auspices of the Commandant, U.S. Army Air Defense Artillery School) mandatory.
(7) A U.S. citizen.
c. Additional skill identifiers.
(1) P5-Master Fitness Trainer.
(2) 2S-Battle Staff Operations (skill level 3 and above).
(3) 4A-Reclassification Training.
d. Physical requirements and standards of grade.
Physical requirements and SG relating to each skill level are listed in the following tables:
(1) Table 10-16P-1. Physical requirements.
(2) Table 10-16P-2. Standards of grade TOE/MTOE.
(3) Table 10-16P-3. Standards of grade TDA.