The practical nurse supervises or performs preventive, therapeutic, and emergency nursing care procedures under supervision of physician, nurse or NCO. Duties for MOS 91C at each level of skill are:
a. Major duties.
(1) MOSC 91C1O. Performs preventive, therapeutic and emergency nursing care procedures under supervision of physician, nurse or NCO.
(2) MOSC 91C2O. Performs preventive, therapeutic and emergency nursing care procedures under supervision of physician, nurse or medical NCO.
(3) MOSC 91C3O. Performs preventive, therapeutic, and emergency nursing care procedures or supervisory management of small ward/unit.
(4) MOSC 91C4O. Supervises management of one or more wards/units andmanages para-professional nursing personnel.
(5) MOSC 91C5O. Manages ward/unit operations in large hospital.
b. Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS.
The practical nurse must possess the following qualifications:
(1) Physical demands rating-N/A.
(2) A physical profile of 222221.
(3) A minimum score of 95 in aptitude area ST.
(4) Formal training:
(a) Active Army inservice soilders must have held MOS 91B and must have at least 1 year experience as a 91B. All soldiers attending the Army Medical Department Center & School (AMEDD) 91C course or St. Phillips must have either American College Test Scores with a minimum score of English 15, Reading 17, and Math 17; or a MOS 91C Course conducted under the auspices of the AMEDD Center & School. Obtain and maintain a valid and current professional license per DOD Directive 6025,13, (Exception: Soldiers attending the exportable 91C training conducted at an AMEDD Center & School approved Reserve Component School are exempt from the MOS 91B prerequisite).
(b) Soldiers covered by (a) above who fail the initial National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) must retake the examination at the earliest possible date. A soldier who twice fails the licensure examination or is not licensed within one year of graduation per AR 40-68 (which ever occurs first) may be released from active duty under AR 635-200 or reclassified under AR 600-200.
c. Additional Skill Identifiers.
(1) M3-Dialysis Specialty.
(2) P5-Master Fitness Trainer.
(3) 2S-Battle Staff Operations (skill level 3 and above).
(4) 4A-Reclassification Training.
d. Physical requirements and standards of grade.
Physical requirements and SG relating to each skill level are listed in the following tables:
(1) Table 10-91C-1. Physical requirements.
(2) Table 10-91C-2. Standards of grade TOE/MTOE.
(3) Table 10-91C-3. Standards of grade TDA.